Playbark.com has its own installation team who specialise in the installation of either Rubber Bonded Bark (Rubber Mini Mulch) playgrounds or similarly ‘Wet Pour’ (Rubber Crumb) surfaces throughout the UK.
Our Bonded Rubber surfaces provide a long lasting and very safe solution to play areas where customers require something a little more permanent than traditional loose play bark.
Our Bonded Rubber surfaces are extremely resilient to wear and tear, free draining and wonderfully tactile for the children to play upon.
Our Rubber Bonded Bark has the appearance of natural bark and in addition to the lovely range of colours available it provides a stimulating and cost-effective solution.
We lay our Bonded Rubber at the relevant depth depending on Critical Fall Height, 40mm, 50mm or 75mm, providing safe fall heights of 1.7m, 1.9m and 2.7m respectively.
Exciting New Development
Our Rubber Bonding surface has now been tested in accordance with BS 7976-1:2002 for Slip Resistance. Face Consultants Ltd concluded in their test:
‘From the Pendulum Test Values (PTV) gathered, it can be seen that all the samples tested have a low slip potential when tested in wet conditions’.
We will be delighted to provide you with budget costs for the installation if you will be kind enough to do the following:
- Take 4/5 photographs of the area where the Rubber Bonding play area is being considered.
- Take 2/3 photographs of the access to the area, paths driveway etc.
- Provide the width and the length.
- Email the details to email@example.com and we will endeavour to reply within 24 hours with an estimate for your consideration.
What is usually involved with the application of a Bonded Rubber safety surface?
Quite a lot, but our team perform these installations regularly so they know what they are doing. Once initial observations have been considered e.g. drainage, product selection and access etc. here is a brief rundown of what may be involved:
- Removal of existing surface, turf, gravel or soil using a turf cutter, concrete breaker or maybe a mini digger. (This may not be necessary if we are bonding onto a hard surface)
- Dispose of the above in a skip or ‘muckaway’ service
- Level area and install tanalised timbers or Rubber Border Edging to the surrounds if required.
- Import into the area the MOT Type 1 to be used as a subbase.
- Mechanically compact the sub-base with a ‘wacker plate’
- Apply a heavy duty Geotextile Membrane to help prevent weed growth and secure.
- Mix on site the Rubber and Resin in our special forced action mixer and apply at the specified depth to the area by hand.
- Roll the area to achieve the perfect finish.
Alternatively, for the keen DIY enthusiast or alternatively for Landscaping Companies who wish to perform the installation themselves, please visit our Rubber Bonding Materials page.
Our Rubber Bonding Service ensures ultimate safety for play areas.
This surface is ready for play 48 hours after it is installed, providing a rigid but soft play surface which cannot be kicked around, therefore ensuring an even depth of play surfacing consistently over the entire area.
Available in a variety of delightful colours.
Just some of the benefits of choosing a rubber bonded surface include:
- Low maintenance required
- No weeds, mould or fungus growth
- Will not attract pets or wildlife
- Retains surface tension moisture only
- Will not blow around
- Minimal settlement, no compaction
- Comfortable underfoot
- Extremely long lasting
- Children cannot kick this around!
- Special Needs Schools
- Sensory Gardens
- Public Play Areas
- Domestic applications
6 Year Warranty (pdf)
Testimonials from happy customers
Here at Stourbridge Golf Club, we needed a solution to minimise maintenance and eliminate ‘Washout’ on our pathway serving the 1st tee and the putting green. I contacted M&B Surfaces Ltd who quickly visited the course and offered advice regarding product and colour selection.
M&B recommended their ‘Rubber Bonded Mulch’ product. We asked for the work to be carried our whilst the golf course was still open, this didn’t prove to be a problem, the job was completed in a 2 day period and the guys were excellent to work with, fully understanding our needs and the environment.
The new pathway is tough, silent to walk upon, resilient to spiked shoes and is suitable for buggy use. It has reduced the majority of the mud and looks great whatever the weather!
I have no hesitation in thoroughly recommending M&B Surfaces Ltd to anyone.
Stourbridge Golf Club
Our play area surfacing was in need of a refurbishment, as the existing loose fill surface was not performing to the extent we desired.
I employed the services of M&B Surfaces Ltd who over the period of 4 days installed a new Bonded Rubber Surface. Their team arrived on site when promised and the new surfacing now provides me with complete peace of mind that the children using the play area are playing safely.
I would have no hesitation in recommending M&B for their products and their professionalism
Tyrone Larkham, Director
Matt was a pleasure to work with, very responsive, was able to come up with a competitive price, and then worked really hard to get the job done on time. The results are fantastic and have really livened up a previously gloomy corner of our garden, and of course the acid test – our daughter loves it!