We will be delighted to provide you with budget costs for the installation if you will be kind enough to do the following:
- Take 4/5 photographs of the area where the artificial grass is being considered.
- Take 2/3 photographs of the access to the area, paths driveway etc.
- Provide the width and the length.
- E-mail the details to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavour to reply within 24 hours with an estimate for your consideration.
What is usually involved with laying a new Artificial Grass lawn?
Quite a lot, but our team perform these installations regularly so they know what they are doing. Once initial observations have been considered e.g. drainage, grass selection and access etc. here is a brief rundown of what may be involved:
- Removal of existing lawn, gravel or paving using a turf cutter, concrete breaker or maybe a mini digger.
- Dispose of the above in a skip or ‘muckaway’ service.
- Level area and install tanalised timbers to the surrounds.
- Import into the area the MOT Type 1 to be used as a sub-base.
- Mechanically compact with a ‘wacker plate’
- Apply a blinding layer of limestone dust and compact.
- Apply a heavy duty Geotextile Membrane to prevent weed growth.
- Roll out the Artificial Grass onto the area and carefully cut ensuring it is attached to the timbers securely and correctly and the grass is applied at the correct tension.
- Any joins must be knitted together carefully and competently.
- Apply Silica Sand to the entire surface at 2-3kgs per square metre
For any additional questions please contact our Sales office on 01538 751514 or e mail email@example.com.